Defining his own legacy
Danny Bush’s dresser drawers are filled. The bottom drawer is brimming with Xbox games. His top drawer houses “The Social Network” and some of his other favorite movies. From his middle drawer, he digs underneath some clothes and pulls out an external hard drive.
“This is a terabyte full of footage from around campus that I took on good days,” said the junior journalism and mass communication major.
He will already have his material when the university’s admissions department asks him to create a video, cutting down his production time.
Bush’s recent project, “Defining Our Legacy,” was displayed at Brown and White Night last Saturday. It features clips of the Reilly Center, old game footage, highlight reels from last season and senior basketball stars making their predecessors proud in front of a screaming crowd of Bonnies.
Dang. I wrote this like a bajillion years ago. I wish I could still profile people like this. One of my favorite things to do.
Who knew I’d be where I am this summer? Moving to NYC in only two weeks and starting my new job in three! MTV here I come!
Thoughts for June 23, 2012
- Why did my hair part down the middle today?
- Wow. I’m working at the Buffalo News. I write for an amazing music blog. I just saw Fiona Apple. I’m actually saving my money for once. I love my life right now.
- That pina colada song by Rupert Holmes is bullshit. I know it’s cute because in the end they stay together. But c’mon, they could’ve talked it out before planning to cheat on each other. Dumb.
- I saw flashing lights behind me on the way home and I thought I was getting pulled over. Then I realized it was just an ambulance, so I was relieved. But then I thought that I shouldn’t be relieved because a speeding ambulance means someone’s in trouble. So I decided I would’ve rather gotten a ticket than have someone hurt or dying. Strange logic, huh?
- I haven’t seen my dad in a long time. We live in the same house.
Thoughts for June 22, 2012
- Peonies are the worst flower. Blech. Too many petals.
- I see pair of eyes glowing at me in the night. Most likely a ghost. Must investigate. Drive toward it. Oh, just a deer.
- Yeah, I get it. I’m young. You’re old. Can’t we just stop talking about our age and do our job?
- I put too much cheese sauce in my pasta. Fuck.
- Woman on copy desk: “He better not bend over when he drops the soap in prison.” Man on copy desk: “Well, there’s our headline.” LULZ
- I can’t wait to try to the new top coat I bought today.
- I graduated high school four years ago. My then-boyfriend celebrated with me by taking me out to Denny’s.
- My parents haven’t mentioned my birthday yet. I realize it’s not a big deal.
- I was born more than two decades ago. Weird.
- I’m going to turn off the radio so I can serenade myself.
Hi, I’m Emilee. I’m a clueless intern who can’t even write a headline.
That’s how I felt tonight.
Hey, I just met you
And this is crazy
So here’s my Tumblr
So follow me maybe!