Who knew I’d be where I am this summer? Moving to NYC in only two weeks and starting my new job in three! MTV here I come!
Thoughts for June 23, 2012
- Why did my hair part down the middle today?
- Wow. I’m working at the Buffalo News. I write for an amazing music blog. I just saw Fiona Apple. I’m actually saving my money for once. I love my life right now.
- That pina colada song by Rupert Holmes is bullshit. I know it’s cute because in the end they stay together. But c’mon, they could’ve talked it out before planning to cheat on each other. Dumb.
- I saw flashing lights behind me on the way home and I thought I was getting pulled over. Then I realized it was just an ambulance, so I was relieved. But then I thought that I shouldn’t be relieved because a speeding ambulance means someone’s in trouble. So I decided I would’ve rather gotten a ticket than have someone hurt or dying. Strange logic, huh?
- I haven’t seen my dad in a long time. We live in the same house.
Thoughts for June 22, 2012
- Peonies are the worst flower. Blech. Too many petals.
- I see pair of eyes glowing at me in the night. Most likely a ghost. Must investigate. Drive toward it. Oh, just a deer.
- Yeah, I get it. I’m young. You’re old. Can’t we just stop talking about our age and do our job?
- I put too much cheese sauce in my pasta. Fuck.
- Woman on copy desk: “He better not bend over when he drops the soap in prison.” Man on copy desk: “Well, there’s our headline.” LULZ
- I can’t wait to try to the new top coat I bought today.
- I graduated high school four years ago. My then-boyfriend celebrated with me by taking me out to Denny’s.
- My parents haven’t mentioned my birthday yet. I realize it’s not a big deal.
- I was born more than two decades ago. Weird.
- I’m going to turn off the radio so I can serenade myself.
Hi, I’m Emilee. I’m a clueless intern who can’t even write a headline.
That’s how I felt tonight.
Hey, I just met you
And this is crazy
So here’s my Tumblr
So follow me maybe!